Kim Namjoon RM Rap Monster Spray Painted Demin Jacket
Airbrush denim Jacket Spray painted rap monster south korean design. This is a quick balck and white neutral color airbrushed portrait on demin. A quick tutorial lesson on how to spray paint and airbrush art work on a denim jacket. I just wanted to post some quick pics showing the airbrushing process and I will upload the video soon.
Airbrushing on different surfaces and clothing can be very tricky but if you use the right steps it can be fun and done without all the stress.
1. before airbrushing the jean jacket I stretch the jacket nice and tight on the t shirt board and clamped it so the surface is nice and smooth. The I spray painted a layer of white as a base coat background for the image.
you can use an opaque projector or free hand it, I like using a projector for portrait client work if I have to get it done quickly.
2. after sketching the airbrush design I added the darkest tones first to establish my values and midtones.
3. using a charcoal pencil I sketched the design and painted the eye area first, not the complete eye just the darkest spots.
4. I filled in as much black as I could so i can see the colors better.
5. I used white to highlight the hair and airbrushed it with dagger strokes. And the proceeded to show and airbrush the subtle layers of grey for the midtones.
6. the final step I added all the sharp strokes and highlights to make this jean jacket and airbrush portrait pop!
Here is a quick sketch thumbnail of korean star kim Nanjoon!